Friday, December 16, 2011

My Experience During My Exams

On the 19th of November, I sat for MUET examination. It was near to my STPM exam which started on the 21st Nov. For my MUET test, I sat for 3 papers :reading, writing and listening. As for the handicapped students, we were given half an hour extra time for each paper. I had an unlucky day during my exam especially listening test. It was raining very heavily in the afternoon and I couldn't listen to what the speaker spoke. but I can't control the rain. I worried whether it would rain during the exam and at last it rained. I realized that I couldn't do anything by worrying. I felt upset as listening was the easiest test for me. I'm wondering whether the invigilator would write comments and I could resit the test. I don't think I'm able to resit the test. As for the reading test, there were 45 questions and the answers were very confusing. I took more than 2 minutes to think of the answer. So, I didn't finish answering the questions. So, for the last 15 minutes, I just simply wrote the answers. I just shoot.. on the 21st Nov, I sat for P A essay paper. The first question was already very difficult and guess what!! I was shivering and nervous -wrecked. I kept sweating and shivering for more than 10 minutes just to think of the first question. The second essay was easier. I was wasting my time thinking of the answer for the first question. I should have went on to answer the rest of the questions first. but I didn't! so guess what!! I didn't finish answering my exam. the last question was very easy. the question is related to charts. I could do it but I didn't have enough time. and not only that.. The first day of my exam, there were some distractions. As the invigilator didn't enlarge the question paper for my partially blind friend, she ask them to read for her. I couldn't concentrate on my exam as she read for her too loud. However, I was afraid to tell the invigilator as I worried that my friend would scold me. After the exam was over,I was thinking why I should live for others. I should think of my future for my own good. I worried too much. there were another distraction. The grass cutter cut the grass during the exam and I was feeling very upset as P A was the most important subject to enter the university. It is a must to pass the P A exam. on the 23rd Nov, I sat for 2 papers:1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. In the morning, it was P P paper 1 and in the afternoon was B M essay. I did finish revising for the P P but when the question came out, I couldn't remember some that I studied. I was nervous and shiver again. I prayed God would give me the answer. However, I wasn't sure what I wrote was correct or wrong. as for the B M essay, I worried about the time aso I kept rushing for the time. So, I finished quickly but I worried what I wrote was correct or wrong. I worried how many mistakes I'd made during my exam. On the 24th Nov, I sat for my history paper 1. As there were too much to study for history, I didn't finish revising for my history. On the 30th Nov, I sat for PP paper 2. I could answer the question quite well but I don't want to be over confident now. on the 5th Dec, it was history paper 2. For every minute every second, I was sweating, my hands and legs were shivering as I didn't have ideas to write. It was indeed very suffering. I thought I could control my fear and nervousness. I think I'm going to fail my history exam. On the 13th Dec, I sat for P A paper 1, objective questions. Normally, the answer for objective questions would be very confusing. I took more than 2 minutes to think of the answers. At last, I didn't finish answering the question especially the ones with calculations. There were lots of tables for the question and the blind had difficulties to read as we needed longer time to figure out the tables. and, there was no electricity in the block I took my exam so we had to shift to another room. so, my exam started later by 10 minutes than normal students. I just wrote any answer for the last 10 questions but as the last question, I didn't answer as the invigilator said the exam ended. actually, my hand was already placed on my brailler machine preparing to write the answer. However, I was too afraid to write as the time ended. I was so upset and worried if I could get good result for my P A. I felt so angry with myself. On the 14th Dec, it was my last day of my exam. The B M objective questions were quite easy but I was still worried. There was 1 part that was difficult as it was hard to understand. For all the subjective questions, it took 3 hours 55 minutes and for objective questions, it took 2 hours 40 minutes. Now, I just have to leave everything to God. I've done my best and I couldn't undo them. There is no point worrying.

1 comment:

  1. dear Ruth, you have done ur best. yes you are right. leave the rest to God. ya? He is your protector and your shepherd. Trust Him to lead you in all areas of your life. your exam is over now. so don't think about it anymore kay, just sit back relax and take a breather during the holidays now. you really deserve a good long break after being stressed out for so long. Trust God. take care dear.

    ReplyDelete