Friday, March 11, 2011

My Role In Creating A Peaceful World.

I believe that everyone aims for a peaceful and harmonious world.
Everyone of us plays a major role in creating a peaceful world. As a
blind person, I have my vision of how to make this world peace as
well. I will not give up in realizing my vision. A peaceful world is
very important to ensure the safety of the world. If there is no peace
in this world, we will live in fear.

Firstly, I can contribute peace to this world by playing piano. Most
youngsters are musically-inclined. They can play many types of musical
instruments such as the guitar, violin and piano. Being able to
produce music on an instrument is one of the greatest pleasures that a
person can have. "Music soothes the savage beast", as it is said. One
does not have to be a savage beast to be soothed. Everyone is soothed
by music. Music heals the soul. There are many types of music such as
classical music, baroque music, etc. Everyone enjoys listening to
music as it is lively. Music helps to release stress after a long
period of working. This vision can be realize if everyone appreciates
music.

Next, a peaceful world can be achieved through religion. Every
religion teaches us to be good. If we follow our religious teachings,
we will not be influenced by negative activities. Religion plays a
major role in creating world peace. In Christianity, peace is one of
the nine Fruits of Spirits. To improve our personality, we can bring
our friends and relatives to church. In this way, we will be able to
accept Christ who is our savior. Individually, we should often pray
for peace because only God can give us peace. Peace is a fundamental
doctrine of Christianity and humanity. Sometimes, it is very
disappointing to depend on others to give us peace as they can let us
down. The younger generation of the world can realize this vision if
everyone cooperates with each other and respect others no matter what
religion they are.

As a blind person, I always complain and grumble about life. I am
always feeling unhappy with my weaknesses. But I try to improve
myself. I feel that we should always be happy with what we have. We
should put aside all the negative thoughts that we have and be more
optimistic. This can create a peaceful mind and heart. Although I am
blind, I have a deep sense that this world is no longer beautiful.
Everyday, when we read the newspapers, we encounter news of terrorism,
criminal, world war, etc. We feel sad upon reading these tragic events
that take place between countries.We are worried most of the time
about our safety. In 2009, I encountered a serious problem when my
parents fought and quarreled all the time. This created a habit for me
to constantly lock my door when the quarrel took place. So I did not
have peace almost everyday and felt miserable all the time. I now
realize that it is important to maintain our family relationships.
When we have problems, we should discuss in a nice tone of voice. We
should consider the feeling of others. Parents should be educated on
marriage. They should not find the easiest way to divorce with the
other party. This will affect the children's emotion. Marriage problem
can be solved if husband and wife are faithful to each other. They
should be God-fearing and obey the teaching of Christ. A happy family
can be achieved if one bears the burden of each other. If the whole
community is happy, the world will have peace as well. I often cry
when I face problems. I easily feel offended and hate those who have
hurt me. As a good Christian, I should learn to forgive others. Hating
others will not give any peace to me and also to the world. I have
some friends who are caring about me. They have touched my life by
giving me a call and listening to me when I share my problems with
them. As I cannot see, I need protection. I do not want to be
harassed. I must not worry so much as others have worst problems than
I have. To create a peaceful world, everyone should be happy, joyful
and love one another as one family.

Last but not least, there should not be any racial discrimination in
this world. The situation that happened on 13th May 1969 gives a
lesson to us for not repeating the mistake again. We should learn to
accept and understand other races and cultures. One should not
criticize about the weaknesses of other races as it causes
misunderstanding to the world. No one wants to live in the world of
tragedy. Therefore, the younger generation should start now to mix
with those of different colours, languages and races. In the past, our
world was not peaceful. We suffered from World War I and World War Ii.
There is much changes now. I hope the harmony and peace of the world
can be maintained.
[849 words]

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ruth, i think your post is very meaningful. you said we can bring peace through music and religion. i find that thought very refreshing and true. thanks for sharing your thoughts here. it is an encouragement to me. :) keep writing k! :D

    ReplyDelete